Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Strategic Development Group (SDG) delivers program planning, system engineering, financial analysis, safety analysis, facilities and logistics management support, CONOPS development, deployed systems support, and trade/risk analyses in support of Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP).
SPA has a near-term need for a Facilities Manager.
The Facilities Manager will support a fast-moving, Navy, conventional weapons development program by providing facility engineering and management support to the Facilities and Logistics Principal and the Program Manager. This position requires frequent interface with the support contractors and other government agencies. The Facilities Manager will assist in planning, developing, and reviewing facilities documentation (i.e. facility criteria, management plans, schedules) and participate in Facilities and other program related working groups. They will also provide facility assessments, planning, and recommendations to the Facilities and Logistics Principal. In addition, the Facilities Manager will provide facility requirements, design support and recommendations to the Facilities and Logistics Principal as well as coordinate facilities meetings, tracks action items, and preview pertinent documentation to support final reviews by Navy facilities authorities.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in facilities planning, design, construction, and life-cycle support.
- Experience with Navy facilities planning and programming process.
- Must be able to work independently with attention-to-detail, and demonstrating initiative to move tasks forward to completion.
- Minimum active SECRET security clearance
- Effective oral and written communication skills and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel approximately one week per month in the continental United States (CONUS).
- Navy facilities engineering and capital improvements (MILCON) experience.
- Understanding of facilities planning/coordination/integration as it relates to overall lifecycle support
- DAWIA Facilities Engineering certification.
- Basic ability to create conceptual drawings in AutoCAD or other graphic design package.
- Current Professional Engineering registration.
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate.
Apply on company website