Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA's Undersea and Surface Warfare Division (USWD) provides timely, objective, analytic assessments, strategic planning, and expert operational, technical and acquisition support to the Undersea Community. We are trusted agents of NAVSEA and Program Executive Officer Submarines.
SPA is seeking multiple candidates with various levels of experience to support a PEO (SUB) Program Office and act as a logistics analyst/logistician.
- Provide Undersea Weapon System logistics subject matter expertise to NAVSEA affiliated PEOs and program managers for selected appropriated programs.
- Assist government program managers in developing weapon system training, maintenance, and logistics requirements to ensure adequate logistics support and to ensure that the force will be properly trained and equipped in support of acquisition documentation and program actions.
- Assist government program managers in developing, initiating, integrating and managing all logistics actions associated with life cycle management of weapon systems, subsystems and equipment.
- Support government program managers in developing, managing, and evaluating contractual documentation and deliverables from the prime system integrator in support of system design and development acquisition milestones.
- Provide realism to the planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) for logistics requirements for undersea warfare systems. This includes assisting in developing fiscal estimates, exhibits, documents, briefs and schedules to satisfy the PPBE process.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience demonstrating proficiency in areas discussed above. This may include working in support of the Department of Defense, an armed service, or a related position (such as think tanks, Congressional staff, UARCs/FFRDCs, or other defense contractors).
- Demonstrated leadership and strong communication and customer management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Active Secret Security DoD clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (technical or managerial discipline).
- 15 years professional experience in integrated logistics support.
- Relevant experience in Navy acquisition or in-service programs that includes leading programs or projects and interfacing with an end item customer.
Apply on company website