Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Cross Domain Warfare Group (CDAG) within SPA supports the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration (DARPA), the Office of Naval Research (ONR), the military services, and other Department of Defense (DoD) organizations. CDAG analytic teams conduct objective capability assessments, evaluations of developing technology, and strategic planning that integrate the technical, operational, programmatic, policy, experimentation, and business challenges associated with the delivery of new and innovative technologies. This work involves assessments of new weapons capabilities, unmanned systems, autonomous/AI informed military decision aids, and a variety of broad joint military warfighting issues. CDAG analysts use SPA proprietary and industry standard tools to create models and simulations and support analytic assessments across the spectrum of broad campaign level warfighting to more detailed capability modeling. This diversity of analytic tools and approaches supports the delivery of mature, turnkey products that reflect all of the factors important to decision makers. Military Operations Analysts can expect to use their background and experience to influence engineers and technologists in the development of future warfighting capabilities and their concepts of operation. Our clients include Flag Officers, Senior Executives, and others who require robust, integrated support.
- Quantitative and qualitative modeling and analysis combined with extensive joint operational and technical experience to develop integrated solutions to deterrence and warfighting challenges.
- Cost-effective platform, mission, payload, and operating strategies to address capability gaps and exploit opportunities to create asymmetric cross warfighting domain effects.
- Expert capability, technology, policy, and business case assessments; operational mission analyses; integrated warfare assessments; requirements development; technology transition management; and program support.
SPA has an immediate need for a Military Operations Analyst. #IN123
Research, assess, and provide analysis, on joint military force capabilities and operational concepts to assist with developing and furthering future capabilities. Develop the technical and leadership expertise needed to develop an analytic approach with a team of multidisciplinary experts to provide CDAG clients with timely and objective information to enable decision-making regarding future force capabilities and evolving operational concepts.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, National Security Studies, or Military History.
- 5 or more years of relevant military experience as a military intelligence officer, air-battle manager, or Space Operations Officer.
- Must be effective and comfortable working both independently and in a collaborative group environment.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with an understanding of the implications and differences between tactical, operational, and strategic issues. Have demonstrated the ability to summarize and communicate complex ideas and analytical findings to a variety of clients.
- Experience with national overhead systems spanning all aspects of the tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) cycle is highly desired.
- Intelligence collection management AQD, joint targeting background is highly desired.
- Communications, datalink and networking systems experience (e.g., Link-16, JTICS, IBS, etc.) is highly desired.
- Weapons System or Intel subject matter expertise (USAF Weapons Officer, Top Gun, etc.) is highly desired.
- Experience with the development of military doctrine, campaign planning, development of operational and/or tactical guidance and orders is desired.
- Operations research analysis/data analytics background is desired.
- Military Headquarters, Major Command Staff experience is desired.
- Master's degree (preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, National Security Studies, or Military History).
Apply on company website