The Australian Maritime Analysis Group provides senior decision makers within the Australian Defence Force and Royal Australian Navy with timely and objective assessments affecting their maritime community investment strategies. The group's primary focus is providing technical analysis and program management support at the program office level, including client site support in Canberra, Australia. Our team of experienced military professionals and operations research analysts integrate naval warfare expertise with advanced analytic methods - including force generation modeling, agent-based tactical simulations, and operational mission analyses - to deliver strategies that redress capacity and capability gaps. #CJ #IN12
Responsible for developing innovative concepts of operations and capability plans, and for translating them into detailed written and graphical descriptions used to develop and support tactical, operational and strategic surface and undersea warfare analysis. Responsible for conducting military effectiveness analysis of alternative capabilities to inform the development of formal requirements and program plans across the spectrum of science and technology (S&T), research and development (R&D), and program acquisition. Support and eventually take a leading role in the development and employment of modeling and simulation analysis tools and in briefing analysis results to top-level government decision makers. Opportunities for international travel.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Aviation warfare qualification
- 3-5 years of operational aviation experience in Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and/or Anti-Surface Warfare (ASuW)
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM). May substitute a non-technical degree with demonstrated technical acumen.
- Effectively contribute on teams developing rigorous analytic solutions to top-level Navy issues
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Aviation Department Head tour
- Master's degree
- Demonstrated ability in applying innovative concepts, quantitative tools and creative data visualization methods to address Naval issues
- Experience using MATLAB, Java, or modeling and simulation to solve complex problems
Apply on company website