Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
This opportunity is for a Principle Operations Analyst who will support the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Joint Staff J6 (JS J6), Joint Fires Division (JFD) in Norfolk and Suffolk, Virginia. The right candidate will provide detailed technical analysis related to developing Joint Fires requirements and program support to develop, maintain, and execute mission area analysis of Coalition Capability Demonstrations and Assessments -- interfacing directly with NATO and coalition partners.
The ideal candidate is a highly experienced Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) trainer/evaluator with HQ staff experience.
This opportunity is contingent based on successful contract award.
In this role, you would provide subject matter and technical expertise to the government lead in the establishment and execution of the responsibilities of the Joint Close Air Support (JCAS) Standardization Team to ensure the Services/SOCOM train JTACs in accordance with the JTAC Joint Mission Task List. Accordingly triennial course reviews and accreditation visits will be coordinated for Services, SOCOM, and numerous partner nation signatories both CONUS and OCONUS. In addition, you would provide annual support to the JTAC/Joint Fires Observer (JFO) Simulation evaluations that are conducted when Services construct a new JTAC/JFO simulator or upgrade an existing simulator. Lastly the right candidate will provide air/surface operational planning, venue selection, site surveys and preparation, logistical and access coordination with hosting installations, on-site execution of operational demonstrations, data collection and post-demonstration analysis and report production support to government lead for conducting semi-annual Bold Quest (BQ) coalition capability demonstrations and assessments.
- BA or BS degree (4 years' experience may be substituted for BA or BS degree).
- 15+ years' total experience; at least 8 years' military experience, experience in Joint Commands and Staff experience (Combatant Command, Major Command, and/or Joint Staff).
- Strong military in ground maneuver forces operational background and communications skills; highly developed abilities to write and to prepare briefing materials using Microsoft Office tools.
- Capability to perform periodic CONUS and OCONUS travel.
- Active SECRET Clearance and eligibility for TOP SECRET-SCI.
- MA or MS degree.
- Combat experience in CENTCOM AOR.
Apply on company website