Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Strategic Systems Analysis Group (SSAG) provides multiple organizations within the Department of Defense with timely and objective assessments and recommendations that integrate technical, operational, programmatic, policy and business analysis. We focus on key clients in the undersea community including Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), and NAVSEA program managers for the COLUMBIA Class SSBNs and in service submarines. We work to provide integrated solutions based on information and communications throughout the chain of command to ensure clear and consistent analysis and recommendations that are aligned to strategic and leadership goals while still being executable by the working level technical communities.
SPA has an immediate need for a Program Analyst.
The candidate would conduct Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM), Submarine (SSBN) and Military Operations analysis, Program Analysis and Planning for Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), and NAVSEA with a focus on strategic weapons systems sustainment and modernizations, and in-service and future SSBNs programs. The candidate will be responsible for gathering information, facilitating client engagements, collaborating with team members, planning and executing tasks, preparing reports, presentations and whitepapers, and presenting results to senior leadership within client organizations.
The candidate would conduct program analysis and strategic planning for various topics and programs for Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) with a focus on future weapons systems capabilities. The candidate will be responsible for gathering information, facilitating client engagements, preparing reports, presentations and whitepapers, and presenting results to senior leadership within client organizations.
- Bachelor Degree in is required with preference for Science or Engineering course work or experience
- 3-5+ years of experience with Department of Defense weapon system acquisition or Navy Operational experience is required
- Capable of breaking down complex issues into simplified problem statements and laying out objective approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency with MS Office applications
- Eligibility for TOP SECRET security clearance required
- Master's Degree in STEM
- Experience with Submarines and the Trident II (D5) Strategic Weapons Systems.
- Experience with defense acquisition system, technical program planning, strategic planning, and risk assessment/tracking
- Interim or final TOP SECRET security clearance
Apply on company website