Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA's Undersea and Surface Warfare Division (USWD) provides timely, objective, analytic assessments, strategic planning, and expert operational, technical and acquisition support to the Undersea Community. We are trusted agents of NAVSEA and Program Executive Officer Submarines.
SPA is seeking multiple candidates with various levels of experience to a PEO (SUB) Program Office and act as a program manager or project analyst.
- Provide Undersea Weapon System acquisition program/project management expertise to NAVSEA affiliated PEOs and program managers for selected appropriated programs.
- Assist in managing, overseeing, and executing research and technology initiatives and weapon system development.
- Assist government program managers in developing and managing weapon system requirements and acquisition documentation and program actions.
- Support government program managers in developing, managing, and evaluating contractual documentation and deliverables from the prime system integrator in support of system design and development acquisition milestones.
- Assist in planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) for undersea warfare systems. This includes assisting in developing fiscal estimates, exhibits, documents, briefs and schedules to satisfy the PPBE process.
- Track budgets, spend plans, funding obligation and execution, and other programmatic needs. Coordinate with stakeholders as directed to obtain funding data, resolve issues, identify discrepancies, and produce reports related to budget status. Execute Earned Value Management System.
- Assist government program managers in providing daily program, analytical, and acquisition management through detail-oriented management of records, business research analysis, and valuation strategies.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience demonstrating proficiency in program/project management. This may include working in support of the Department of Defense, an armed service, or a related position (such as think tanks, Congressional staff, UARCs/FFRDCs, or other defense contractors).
- Demonstrated leadership and strong communication and customer management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (technical or managerial discipline).
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant professional experience in program/project management.
- Relevant experience in Navy acquisition or in-service programs that includes leading programs or projects and interfacing with an end item customer.
Apply on company website