Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is constantly expanding our capabilities to meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients while adhering to our core values, which include national service, trustworthiness, integrity and candor, broad expertise, stability and security, and teamwork. Our mission at SPA is to provide timely and objective analysis and integrated technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business solutions in support of important national security objectives. We believe we can best support our client by aligning everything we do with their critical missions with a focus on future needs.
Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA's) Emerging Markets Group is responsible for a broad range of analytical, systems engineering, independent assessments, strategic planning, technology research, development, testing and evaluation (RDT&E) programs in support of new SPA markets as well as the company's San Diego office and portfolio.
SPA seeks an experienced Quality Professional to provide Mission Assurance oversight support for NASA projects located in SW Washington, D.C.
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished product. Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into finished product. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Conducts internal and external audits and performs necessary corrective/preventive actions. Work will include but not be limited to on-site, off-site, launch-site / range, and on-orbit operations support for reviews, audits, and inspections of procedures, hardware, and integration testing activities. Interpersonal relationship building and customer interfacing skills are desired.
- 10 or more years of directly related quality or engineering experience.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field (i.e., engineering, computer science, quality assurance).
- Ability to work in a cleanroom facility to include: wearing proper clean-room attire, standing for a full shift, climbing ladders/scaffolding, working at heights (in a man-lift), kneeling, and working in tight spaces around spaceflight equipment and hardware.
- Being able to take and pass these courses in a timely manner is a requirement for continued employment.
- Ability to obtain/maintain NASA and IPC workmanship certifications (J-STD-001 with Space Addendum, NASA-STD- 8739.4 CCH, NASA-Std-8739.1A Polymeric Inspection), including vision test per NASA-STD-8739.6.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Be pro-active as well as a team-player who is able to interface with technical and management personnel.
Apply on company website