Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Radio Frequency Engineer position is with the Surety Programs Group (SPG) which supports government and private sector organizations ensuring the security, safety, and reliability of high consequence operations. SPG's philosophy is to help our clients understand and mitigate mission risks spanning physical, cyber, and human domains. The RF Engineer will work as part of a cross-functional team responsible for systematically evaluating client threats, vulnerabilities, performance, and cost-risk trades.
The RF Engineer will provide subject matter expertise to project leads for tests involving radars, jammers, communication devices, and RF detection systems. They will conduct environmental signal propagation modeling and compare results to field tests. In addition, the RF Engineer will support and/or lead multiple, concurrent projects for internal and external clients. providing status updates of current, ongoing, and future projects to leadership in a clear and concise manner. The RF Engineer will ensure technical quality of products delivered to internal and external clients. DoD Secret clearance required (SPA may be able to consider a clearable candidate if otherwise qualifed - must be U.S. citizen).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Active DoD SECRET clearance (or clearable U.S. citizen)
- Subject matter expertise in radar theory, RF communications, and electronic warfare principles
- Knowledge of RF propagation models such as EMPIRE, APM, ITM, MMwave, and TIREM
- Demonstrated experience modeling environmental signal propagation with software such as NRL Interactive Scenario Builder, MATLAB, or Visualyse
- Experience with RF testing and evaluation for DoD or Homeland Security programs
- Master of Science degree in Engineering or related field
- Familiarity with technical design and operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Counter UAS (CUAS) systems
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
Apply on company website