Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Strategic Systems Analysis Group (SSAG) provides multiple organizations within the Department of Defense with timely and objective assessments and recommendations that integrate technical, operational, programmatic, policy and business analysis. We focus on key clients in the undersea community including Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), and NAVSEA program managers for the COLUMBIA Class SSBNs and in service submarines as well as the OPNAV Staff. We work to provide integrated solutions based on information and communications throughout the chain of command to ensure clear and consistent analysis and recommendations that are aligned to strategic and leadership goals while still being executable by the working level technical communities.
SPA has a need for a Senior Analyst to provide on-site expert technical and strategic support.
- Use Navy task management processes to respond to routine and ad-hoc requests for information regarding issues with NISO or CFIUS equity, including Department of the Navy (DoN) Tracker, Congressional Information Management System, TV-3 for classified tasker management, OSD COMET, Navy COMET and other internal N4/N45/N455 processes.
- Support N4 CFIUS Program through the NISO, including classified meetings, drafting risk-based analyses, reviews and draft packages for CFIUS cases.
- Facilitating meetings, program reviews, and other means of stakeholder engagement.
- Drafting meeting agendas, minutes, point papers, talking points, briefings, emails, etc.
- Develop metrics, processes, tools, organizational structures in support of NISO.
- Develop language supporting NISO support to CFIUS, including classified meetings, the review of intelligence reports and the generation of risk-based analysis and other documents that are routinely classified Top Secret (TS)/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Review the security impact to Navy mission associated with foreign acquisitions, investments, and joint ventures though the lens of proximity, product integrity/supply chain, technology transfer/know-how, and cyber/data. This applies to all foreign investments that may affect Navy operational readiness and critical Navy infrastructure.
- Make recommendations to suspend or terminate such transactions if they present "credible threats" to national security that cannot be adequately mitigated.
- Represent Navy at interagency meetings for joint consideration of the impacts of mergers and acquisitions involving entities acquiring U.S. firms.
- Attend DoD working group meetings to provide recommendations on appropriate policies and actions and report back to NISO on the outcome of such discussions.
- Engage with stakeholders and entities throughout the Navy to determine transaction impacts to all Navy operations and readiness.
- Develop draft RBAs that outline risks, threats, vulnerabilities and consequences of foreign investment transactions on Navy mission.
- Develop draft mitigation terms to address identified risks associated with foreign investment transactions to ensure protection of Navy equities.
- Monitor mitigated foreign investment cases through review of compliance requests, site visits, meetings with parties, and tracking compliance activity.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field such as International Relations, Physical Science, Economics, Finance, Intelligence, or Engineering.
- 5 years of experience.
- Ability to apply quantitative analysis.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- TS/SCI security clearance.
- Master's Degree in a technical field such as International Relations, Physical Science, Economics, Finance, Intelligence, or Engineering.
- Experience with the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), the Navy Capability Protection Cell (NCPC), DoD Non-Notified Foreign Investment Transactions, or the Navy Investment Security Office (NISO).
- Experience using Navy task management processes.
- Experience conducting risk-based analysis.
Apply on company website