The Information Technology (IT) Network Operations Team establishes and maintains the technology infrastructure and application support services required by our analysts to deliver timely, objective, and cost-effective analysis. We design, develop, and deploy hardware- and software-based solutions in close coordination with SPA's client-facing groups all while implementing the necessary measures to ensure network security and protect customer data. #IN123
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for installation, configuration and support of servers, operating systems, and databases. Responsibilities include building, installing and configuration of physical and virtual servers, deploying and testing OS patches/updates, virus updates, and performance tuning. In this role, you will also manage mission critical databases using Microsoft SQL Server.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install and configure Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, Hyper-V, and supporting physical infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot Windows and Linux server and OS issues. Independently utilize all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues.
- Develop operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
- Follow operating procedures and utilize established support tools for analysis and reporting requirements.
- Execute a planned program of virus updates, patch and service pack management, including testing, deployment staging, and documentation.
- Install, maintain and manage Windows SUS, SCCM, and other servers for automated updates.
- Update and maintain enterprise email in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Maintain, update and develop SQL database environments.
- Perform regular system maintenance, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning.
- Interface with Network, Security, Support desk and other engineers to optimize systems' use and configuration.
- Create and maintain documentation for all duties.
- Actively participate in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects.
- Provide technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required.
- Provide server hardware capacity recommendations.
- Provide installation support for new applications and software releases.
- Interface with hardware vendors to maintain and schedule repair of equipment in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (may substitute with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience).
- System administration experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 operating systems.
- Knowledge of Active Directory including Group Policy creation and management.
- Understanding of DoD security requirements and NIST standards.
- Well-rounded knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, Routing, Firewalls, VPN, etc.).
- Experience configuring virtualized servers using platforms such as Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server, and/or VMWare vSphere.
- Experience with managing and working on Microsoft SQL databases.
- Understanding of Cybersecurity standards, methods and practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrable expertise in designing and implementing health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
- Working experience with Microsoft SCCM or other RMM solutions.
- Experience managing corporate email in a Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Experience with SQL 2012, SQL 2014 and SQL 2016 in a production environment
- Ability to program to solve problems and automate tasks in common scripting or programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, and/or VBScript.
- Demonstrable knowledge designing and troubleshooting authentication solutions using PKI.
- Experience administrating Linux-based systems.
- DoD approved 8570 certification for IAT/IAM Level II. Acceptable certifications include (but are not limited to) the following: CCNA Security, SySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP, GSLC.
- DoD Secret clearance or higher.
Apply on company website