Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the DC Metro area. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Integrated Warfare Systems Group (IWSG) focus is to provide engineering, technical and programmatic support to the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems, Above Water Sensors (PEO IWS 2.0) Directorate. Efforts include overarching program management, test and evaluation, systems engineering, operations analysis, systems integration, international, cyber security, IT network and programmatic support for over 25 PEO IWS 2.0 advanced radar, phased array radar, electronic warfare, electro-optic, advanced off-board electronic warfare/decoy and directed energy programs.
SPA is seeking a Systems Engineer for employment in our downtown Washington, D.C. office located at 20 M Street, SE.
SPA is seeking a dedicated Systems Engineer with an active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance to provide Engineering Support Services (ESS) to the U.S. Navy Program Executive Office, Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS), Above Water Sensors (IWS 2.0) programs.
In this position you will assist with planning, execution, analysis, reporting, meeting attendance/support, presentation development/support, publication support, correspondence, and action item tracking/closure in support of the PEO IWS 2.0 Systems Engineering & Integration / Technical Director (SE&I/TD) and Test & Evaluation (T&E) Principal Assistant Program Managers (PAPM). You will prepare and/or review technical and programmatic Systems Engineering and T&E documentation and analysis as well as perform tasks related to Verification, Validation & Accreditation, Modeling & Simulation, and threats. You will develop a strong understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering and DoD, Department of the Navy, Naval Sea Systems Command and PEO IWS instructions and processes (e.g., DoD 5000).
Our IWSG office is located at 20 M Street in Southeast DC, conveniently down the street from our clients at the Washington Navy Yard. Daily onsite client support at the Navy Yard is expected to aid in the highest quality client support.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other related technical degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Active Department of Defense Secret Clearance
- US Navy experience or internship experience at SPA
- Some unique skill or knowledge to help a Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Program Office (e.g., Model-Based Systems Engineering, UML/SysML, Design Of Experiment, statistics, Modeling & Simulation)
- Familiarity with the DoD Acquisition process or experience working in an acquisition program office environment with documentation, protocols, formats and deadlines
Apply on company website