Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Simulation, Operational Analysis & War-gaming Group (SOWG) conducts technical analysis, war-games, and provides on-site staff augmentation services for OSD, DARPA, SCO, USINDOPACOM and other key Department of Defense organizations.
SPA has an immediate or near term need for a Technical Analyst/Project Engineer to support the Joint Capability Technology Demonstration (JCTD) program with analytical and technical support to assist with the effective execution of the JCTD program's mission and objectives.
Supports operational and technical assessments of technology and operational concept developments/demonstrations, and capability fielding in the following areas:
• Persistent ISR / Battlespace Awareness
• Command and Control / Net-Centric
• Force Protection
• Autonomous Systems
• Irregular Warfare
Responsible for analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of capability/technology demonstration programs, its program management, and execution effectiveness. Support evaluation of the efficacy of technological and programmatic approaches to technology development in the above mentioned functional areas. Such support will include conducting research on relevant technology developments in the DOD and private sector to understand the state of the art and identifying subject matter experts for Oversight Executives to consult. Assist proposal teams in preparing and submitting documentation that addresses technology maturation approaches, capability deliverable definition, and transition strategies. Assist teams in establishing project plans that represent low financial execution risk, yet adherence to DOD Comptroller obligation and disbarment rate benchmarks.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, scientific, Technical, or Management fields.
• 3+ years of experience related to job responsibilities.
• 1+ year experience in meeting planning, office management, or the development of databases, spreadsheets and budget management.
• Experience with the project planning depicting relationship between work planned, work performed, budgeted and actual cost of work, and schedule.
• Active Top Secret security clearance required.
• DoD Acquisition experience, specifically with technology transition and rapid prototyping.
• Electronic Warfare and Electromagnetic Spectrum Agility, and Force Protection experience.
• Experience conducting technical assessments/analysis, reviewing technical proposals for technical feasibility, cost, and schedule and making investment recommendations to the Government.
• Understanding of DoD strategic priorities , Service technical priorities, CCMD capability gaps; and how to align technology proposals to them.
• Ability to network and/or existing relationships with CCMDs, Service staffs and labs.
• SCI eligibility.
Apply on company website