The Strategic Systems Analysis Group (USSAG) provides multiple organizations within the Department of Defense with timely and objective assessments and recommendations that integrate technical, operational, programmatic, policy and business analysis. We focus on key clients in the undersea community including Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), and NAVSEA program manager for the COLUMBIA Class SSBN. We work to provide integrated solutions based on information and communications throughout the chain of command to ensure clear and consistent analysis and recommendations that are aligned to strategic and leadership goals while still being executable by the working level technical communities.
Support the Navy SSP customer in a fast paced environment with simulation-driven assessments and products. Participate on multidisciplinary study teams and perform the following activities: study planning; modeling and simulation development, evaluation, verification, validation, and execution; data extraction and analysis. Develop scientific simulations and data processing tools and work with the multidisciplinary team to create integrated analysis reports and recommendations to clients. This work is focused on weapon system modeling and analysis for both the technological and engineering aspects of weapon system design as well as modeling the concepts of operations for the weapon systems being analyzed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physical Science, or other STEM field.
- 4+ years of experience.
- 2+ years experience with data analytics (e.g. descriptive statistics, predictive modeling, data visualization), and this can include significant academic projects.
- Experience in any of the following programming languages: Python, R, MATLAB, Java, C++.
- Demonstrated experience in any of the following technologies: Numpy, SciPy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, PyMC, Bokeh, plot.ly, CPLEX, Tableau, Qlik, Palisade Decision Tools (e.g. @Risk), SAS's JMP.
- Knowledge/course work of physics, aerodynamics, control theory, or applied mathematics.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute workload to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Experience developing written and visual communications that are clear, concise, and suited to the audience.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment conducting analysis with uncertainties or incomplete data.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Must be capable of breaking down complex issues into simplified problem statements and laying out objective approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions.
- TOP SECRET security clearance.
- Master's Degree in a related field.
- Experience with weapon system acquisition programs.
- Preference for experience working with PyCharm, git, BitBucket, Jira, and Confluence.
Apply on company website