- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Registered or eligible for registration with OACETT as a C.E.T, or C. Tech.
- A minimum of 5+ years of solid experience in a Contract Administration and Site Inspection role is required.
- MTO Class ‘G' driver's license in good standing and access to a personnel vehicle.
- Strong record keeping abilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability.
- Ability to interpret Contract Documents and Engineering Drawings.
- Knowledge of Canadian Contract Law including the Construction Lien Act.
- First Aid Training, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, OTM Book 7, etc. would be beneficial, however TMIG will provide training as required.
- Survey knowledge using total station and GPS technology, an asset.
- Strong MS office and AutoCAD Civil 3D skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team of Site Inspectors, Contract Administrators and Engineers in an open and sharing environment.
- Creative and innovative thinker with sound technical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, associates, and clients.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast paced, highly charged environment.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients' toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
TYLin is committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA'). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com. TYLin remains committed to complying with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements.
- As a Contract Administrator, your role will be to monitor and control progress of the work for private development projects at an intermediate to senior level.
- Prepare Construction Cost Estimates and/or Letter of Credit Cost Estimates as required by the Client or Approval Agencies.
- Prepare tender documents, including closing and analyzing of bids.
- Chair site progress meetings with the Client, Contractors, and other agencies including the preparation and circulation of meeting minutes.
- Monitor contract quantities and prepare Change Directives and Change Orders as needed.
- Prepare monthly Payment Certificates to be issued to the Client for payment.
- Coordinate and liaise between Clients, Contractors, and other agencies.
- Review and maintain Shop Drawings and Submittals.
- Assist with Letter of Credit Reductions by compiling all required documentation as required by the Approval Agencies, including coordination with the Contract Administrators and Field Staff.
- Assist with Assumption and Maintenance, at appropriate times, by compiling all required documentation, and coordinate with Field Staff, and Approval Agencies.
- Maintain regular communication with Clients regarding project status, site issues and project quality including resolutions of any issues that may arise.
- Regularly communicate with the site inspectors.
- Follow all construction safety procedures and policies including the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Implement and monitor inspection procedures in accordance with professional and corporate guidelines.
- Ability to work extended hours as the project requires.
- Mentor junior team members on the various facets of site inspection and contract administration.
- Complete all tasks accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- All other duties as required.
Apply on company website