- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 2+ years project cost accounting.
- Experience in Architecture/Engineering consulting industry highly desired.
- Proven experience managing medium to large scale projects with changing scope, timelines, and consultants.
- Deltek Vision software knowledge is a plus.
- Prevailing Wage knowledge and experience a plus.
- Requires excellent 360-degree communication skills and the ability to multitask.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients' toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company and its employees are required to comply with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements. You should ask your manager about this prior to starting, should you be subject to the current or potential future requirements.
In addition to the above, we ask that applicants in Canada, please note the following: TYLin is committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA'). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Support Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to project accounting and billing.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting project contracts and billing terms.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings.
- Prepare and/or review Project setup modification forms (PSUMF) to ensure project budgets and revenue recognition is setup in accordance with TYLin policy and FASB ASC 606.
- Train Project Accounting Assistant/Billers on Deltek Vision Project billing terms and setup, and other Project Accounting functions.
- Set up, a/o review and approve, new project and billing terms setup, as entered by billing/support staff and prepare a/o review first draft invoice prepared to ensure accuracy and billing term setup.
- Prepare or review final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Accounting Manager.
- Communicate with Project Managers with monthly project variances and resolution of issues.
- Review interoffice work share reports distributed by Corporate (Labor cross charges/Intercompany cross charges).
- Prepare Subconsultant Account Payable form, and/or review all sub-consultant invoices to proper coding and approval as prepared by PAI/PAA/biller.
Apply on company website