- Bachelor's degree in engineering or closely related field.
- 10+ years of experience in Resident Engineer activities and managing construction field teams.
- Experience in MTA-New York City Transit, Metro North Railroad, NJ Transit or Long Island Railroad construction projects, Project Management Procedures (PMP's) and Project Management Guidelines (PMG's) familiarity a plus.
- OSHA 30-hour safety course.
- Candidate must have the reliable transportation.
- Licensed professional engineer a plus.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients' toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. TYLin remains committed to complying with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements, as such this role may be situated in a jurisdiction with masking or vaccinate or test requirements to attend office or client locations (controlled location). You should ask your manager about this prior to starting. Should you be subject to the requirements, you are required to disclose your vaccination status within the first week of starting or before entering a controlled location, whichever comes first. As a condition of employment, applicants for any safety-sensitive positions covered under 49 CFR Part 219 must also complete and pass both pre-employment and other screenings in accordance with the law.TYLin is committed to pay equity. As part of that commitment, we have provided the base compensation range of $117,00 - $175,900 annually for this position and local market. TYLin is proud to offer exciting career development opportunities coupled with a comprehensive total rewards package. Our benefits include extensive health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage, continuing education benefits, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and a retirement savings plan with company matching contributions. We encourage all candidates to explore our total rewards offering.
- Oversee staff in the inspection and construction management of rail infrastructure projects.
- Team's work includes:
- Preparing inspection reports.
- Performing observation of field testing and commissioning.
- Review of shop drawings and specifications to assure proper installation of the items in the contract.
- Review of change orders and issuance of recommendations.
- Review of payment vouchers from contractor.
- Maintenance quantities logs.
- Response to RFI's.
- Prepare a punch list with the owner upon completion of the project.
- Chair meetings and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Review manning reports, payroll certifications and other labor documentation from the contractor.
- Perform review of Contractor's schedules, Baseline and updates, in coordination with CCM and NYCT project and program direction.
- Review Contractor's Work Plans.
- Monitor Contractor compliance with the Contractor's Safety and Health Plan and with specific Safe Work Plans.
- Monitor and ensure Contractor's compliance with the approved Contractor's Quality Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website