- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, with preferably an Illinois PE license or CCM.
- Ten or more years of related experience, preferably on IDOT, ISTHA, CDOT, CTA or Class I Railroad projects of equivalent complexity.
- Experience shall include interfacing with contractors, experience in assisting in dispute resolution, and management oversight of TYLI and sub consultant staff assigned to the various aspects of the projects.
- OSHA 30-hour safety course preferred
- CMIT preferred
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients' toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. TYLin remains committed to complying with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements, as such this role may be situated in a jurisdiction with masking or vaccinate or test requirements to attend office or client locations (controlled location). You should ask your manager about this prior to starting. Should you be subject to the requirements, you are required to disclose your vaccination status within the first week of starting or before entering a controlled location, whichever comes first.
- Apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Inspect bridges, including railroad bridge and transportation related structures.
- Inspect incorporated materials.
- Ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and regulations.
- Assist in setup and maintenance of master project files.
- Assist in resolution of design/coordination issues.
- Monitor contractor's work progress and schedule.
- Attend various meetings, facilitate various meetings, and prepare meeting minutes.
- Interpret contract specifications and special provisions.
- Measure and document work performed by contractor.
- Assist in project close-out, as-builts, and punch list.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website