- Proficient in Bentley MicroStation, and other relevant design software.
- Experience with OpenRoads Corridor Modeling.
- Experience with developing Traffic Control Plans.
- Strong knowledge of the Manual of Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) or AASHTO Green Book.
- Knowledge of the GDOT requirements, design manuals, procedures, standard drawings, and plan production preferred.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Effective communicator.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET Accredited University
- Twelve (12) years relevant experience
- Georgia PE registration (or ability to secure it within 2 months)
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The company and its employees are required to comply with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements. I-Remote
Roadway Group Leadership
- Recruit and hire key transportation staff.
- Serve as the direct supervisor of roadway design staff (new staff and potentially reassigned existing staff). Provide input into the employee performance review, compensation, and bonus processes for direct reports.
- Encourage project collaboration, workload coordination and cross training between transportation staff located in various states across the region.
- Project Involvement
- Provide project leadership through direct technical involvement
- Provide mentoring for other staff with roadway design, plans presentation, CAD structure and other technical considerations.
Project Management (PM) / Technical Design
- Receive TYLin Project Management training and assume PM responsibilities for roadway and bridge design projects.
- Coordinate with design teams, subconsultants, vendors and other project partners to keep projects within scope, on schedule, and on budget.
- Lead efforts to continue improvements in QA/QC processes and fostering a culture of cost effectiveness through project delivery.
- Assist with formal project reviews of large or complex transportation projects monthly to identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Foster a safety culture for all projects, including support and leadership in support of a “zero safety incident” culture.
- Work with Legal group on project contractual terms and conditions.
- Collaborate with other in-house managers on staffing resource management.
- A major responsibility of this position is assisting in strategic planning, identifying specific opportunities, and teaming partners, executing a pursuit management process, and ultimately winning key pursuits through hands-on involvement on key opportunities throughout the Georgia market. Specific duties include:
- Client liaison of key transportation clients, including: GDOT, various Metro cities, counties, and with others identified as part of the overall strategic planning process.
- Identify and track potential projects and teaming opportunities for conventional design through strong client liaisons, working with key teaming partners.
- Identify additional transportation clients that will generate new business based on a targeted account management plan identified during the strategic planning process.
- Pursuit leadership for identified opportunities with key clients, including future project database population, client meeting organization, teaming relationships, SOQ/proposal preparation and interview/presentation leadership.
- Collaboration with the marketing team and business development managers throughout the company.
- Support in helping develop the value proposition and win theme for success through regular client meetings and strategic planning.
- Technical oversight of the proposal process including hands-on participation with scope, fee, and schedule negotiations.
- Leadership and support in identifying key teaming partners, assisting in the development of the overall project delivery team, and collaboration with other offices and geographies in expanding TYLin's market share.
- Commitment to committee/leadership roles in professional societies, such as ACEC, ASHE, ITE and related organizations.
- Participation in external marketing initiatives, including conferences, presentations, recruiting, training, etc.
Apply on company website