DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now! For more than 35 years, our 201 bed hospital has served northwest Hillsborough and northwest Pinellas counties with comprehensive medical, diagnostic, surgical and emergency services. We are committed to providing high-quality healthcare with a focus on customer service through amenities that include all private rooms and room service. With a team of 500 dedicated employees and more than 300 physicians on staff, our hospital is equipped with the expertise to provide a wide array of health services. Our medical staff includes skilled, board-certified physicians representing dozens of medical specialties. Through the delivery of compassionate healthcare, you will see the desire to help others in the heart and minds of our caring and experienced nurses, medical technicians and support staff.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan repayment at select facilities and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The virtual Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients via a video monitor at an otherwise specified location. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm.
- Provides constant visualization of assigned patients during shift.
- Monitors for a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols and self-harm prevention.
- Monitors patient physical and emotional condition. Reports any changes in status promptly.
- Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and activity during the shift.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- De-escalation training - Required completion within 90 days of position start date. CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training may be required based on assignment.
- Honors our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
- Exhibits Compassion: Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others and to treat others with the utmost respect, dignity, courtesy, and confidentiality.
- Communicates Effectively: Ability to deliver verbal and written information in a clear, concise manner to ensure comprehension and achieve desired results
- Prioritizes Tasks: Ability to shift attention between multiple activities and competing demands, and to manipulate the order of tasks by importance.
- Works Well With Others: Ability to interface directly with public, physicians, staff, patients, administration and ancillary/support department representatives to achieve optimal outcomes and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Demonstrates Professionalism: Ability to take personal responsibility for job action and performance, comprehend and perform job responsibilities, and adhere to the policies and procedure of the facility.
- Embraces Learning: Ability to actively learn and follow instructions, policies, and procedures in a timely fashion, including the ability to learn new techniques or procedures without incurring overwhelming stress
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website