Position at Taylor Communications, Inc.
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world's leading brands ― and our employees' careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We're passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we're looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It's time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications SCS in Grove City, OH is seeking a Production Manager to supervise, coordinate, plan, and control production operations in a multiple shift facility focused on meeting our Safety, Quality, Productivity, Waste, and On Time Delivery goals. The position is responsible for ensuring the timely manufacturing within the Critical Communications/Print-Mail operation to meet customer specifications in a cost effective manner.
- Select and train high quality employees to provide a resource for future growth. Promote programs to increase employee morale and productivity
- Analyze and develop immediate and long-range programs for the improvement of production methods and processes, thus better utilizing equipment and enhancing competitiveness in the industry. Remain informed of current machinery and processes
- Work closely with all department personnel to assure effective preventive maintenance programs, machine care training and proper scheduling of equipment repairs for minimal disruption of working schedule
- Conduct department meetings to discuss production issues and equipment performance
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment through proper safety education and inspection of the work area. Ensure facility and equipment are in proper condition and that all systems are operating in an efficient manner
- Implement and support required record keeping and reporting procedures to ensure that the division is operating in accordance with applicable EPA, OSHA and other agency requirements in the areas of employee safety, emergency planning, community right-to-know, hazardous waste disposal, chemical storage, etc.
- Review KPI and communicate results with Supervisor and Employee on a regular basis
- Oversee Supervisor's Continuous Improvement projects and update management on progress
You Must Have:
- BS - Business/Graphic Arts/Industrial Engineering or 5+ years diversified experience in the Critical Communications/Print mail industry or closely related field, including practical experience in equipment operation and shift supervision
- Direct management experience involving multiple functions and budgetary accountability
- Ability to deal effectively with people
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of production processes and equipment
- Planning/organizational skills
- PC Skills – proficient in spreadsheet/software applications
- Technical/Mechanical ability
- Ability to effectively manage and develop employees
- Results oriented
We Would Also Prefer:
- Graduate degree - Business/Graphic Arts/Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge of job costing and manufacturing cost controls
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- ISO 9001 Certification
- Lean Management Principles
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 by continuously investing in the latest technology and the best talent. Fast-paced and forward-looking, Taylor rewards those who can grow our business ― and our people. Work-life balance is a priority here and you'll see that in our compensation and benefits package as well. In addition to competitive pay and lucrative incentives, we offer a full range of benefits to power our employees' long-term potential.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply on company website