Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Reporting to the Resident Attorney, handles assigned P&C insurance legal matters, represents TD Insurance or its policyholders in civil litigation matters involving claims for damages and compensation for personal injury or property damage of varying value with legal issues of ranging complexity.
- Uses Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters; advises, communicates and develops those strategies with TD Insurance Claims Representatives and insured Clients, as appropriate.
- Conducts necessary and appropriate questioning, hearings, trials, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings. Researches the law applicable to cases or matters. Drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, legal factums as required and conducts settlement negotiations.
- Advises, communicates and confers with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meets with, and maintains good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
- Remains current with developments in the law; understands medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters
- Completion of law school with LLB and admission to the bar in the applicable jurisdiction.
- 1 to 7 years experience as a lawyer. Background in insurance defense litigation or other litigation, including personal injury and / or general litigation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of legal and court documents and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and word processing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with policyholders, courts, and Judges.
- Ability to edit and proof legal documents.
- Motivated self-starter with capability to work productively under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal & client service skills, professional and positive demeanor.
- Superior organization & priority setting skills, strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Conceptual and creative problem solving skills.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply on company website