Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
TD Wealth Private Investment Advice is a premier full-service brokerage and Wealth Management business with an unwavering focus on becoming the leading, most respected Wealth Management Advisory business in Canada, fulfilling the comprehensive needs of mass affluent and high-net-worth clients with World-Class Advice and Legendary Client Experiences. TD Wealth Private Investment Advice (PIA) is ideal for investors who are looking for professional, custom-tailored wealth planning and investment solutions, while maintaining participation in the decision-making process regarding their financial affairs. We work one-on-one with clients to design and implement a comprehensive investment strategy, recommend customized investment solutions and provide on-going portfolio monitoring and performance reporting aimed at enhancing the client's financial success over the long-term. TD Wealth PIA has 750+ Investment Advisors located in 86 branches across Canada.
The Manager of Client services (MCS) reports to the PIA Branch Manager (BM). This role leads a team of highly skilled support branch staff with diverse capabilities. The MCS is responsible for developing and coaching employees to excel and deliver legendary client experiences. The MCS also oversees the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced branch ensuring successful audits, client-centric focus, a positive working environment, change management, consistent process improvements and adherence to ever-changing regulatory and control requirements. In addition, the MCS is also responsible for building a pipeline of top talent to ensure the Branch remains strong and competitive to attract the best talent internally and externally.
The MCS manages a team of Client Service Associates and other branch support staff by promoting a positive client and employee experience while increasing shareholder value. The role oversees and performs control and administration activities, identifies and implements process improvements and escalates operational and technical issues to key partners.
- Remain abreast of client feedback on service quality and together with Branch Manager (BM) coach the team to prevent issues and improve the client experience and related initiatives
- Support the planning and coordination of client / partner events and seminars
- Provide leadership for all national and branch projects and initiatives; take the lead on change management to ensure implementation is smooth and adoption is early
- Coordinates the implementation of new policies & procedures intended to improve the quality of service
- Be knowledgeable of, model and ensure staff understand and comply with Bank/industry service standards, policies/procedures/controls, codes and guidelines of conduct/privacy codes/securities laws and regulations and maintain high ethical standards
- Ensure branch is correctly staffed with administrative personnel as per branch allocation and where necessary post the position, screen & interview candidates, perform reference checks and extend offer employment and train new staff
- Responsible for Cage and Reception duties and the direct supervision of staff in these functions (varies by Branch)
- Maintain control of all operational/administrative and regulatory/compliance activities as required such as Missing Document Report, Client Complaints, AML, Staff Registrations, Account Openings/Documentation
- Coordinate and assist branch staff with system access, IT support, premises issues, changes in furniture and office equipment
- Assist in maintaining branch security (building and system access) and ensure all branch staff are aware of premises security and emergency procedures
- Maintain an up-to-date Business Continuity Management (BCM) Plan and ensure details are communicated to and understood by all staff
- Coordinate the Health and Safety program for the branch
- Actively support the BM in achieving the branch's annual business goals and referral goals
- Oversee branch reporting activities; ensure monthly reporting is monitored, accurate and verified on a timely basis
- Monitor branch cost centre expenditures, report unfavorable variances to plan to the BM, identify opportunities to increase efficiencies
- Lead, coach and oversee activities of the Client Service Associates and other branch support staff
- Lead and apply the performance management process, supporting employees in their performance and personal development by utilizing training and resources as appropriate
- Coach and develop all branch support staff – ensure performance objectives are set, feedback is provided, quality annual/mid-year assessments are completed and ongoing training and accreditation programs are in place
- Partner with Human Resources to manage employee relations matters, including disciplinary measures as necessary
- Provide Leadership and support to CSAs and IAs, keeping team members informed through regular CSA meetings and up to date on all initiatives, policies and procedures. Support the team by continuously developing knowledge in own area
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the employee experience by leading Pulse initiatives/action plans
- Provide support in transitioning of DIA and Competitive hires
- Actively participate and contribute in national MCS Conference Calls, National and Regional Calls, providing input and feedback as required
- Contribute to the success of the branch through personal and team commitment
- Contribute to a positive working environment within the branch and with internal partners
- Undergraduate Degree or Community College Diploma preferred
- Licensed with Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) as an Investment Representative (IR) or Registered Representative (RR)
- Branch Manager (BM) licensed with IIROC is a strong asset
The ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years experience in the Private Wealth Management Industry as well possess strong People Management skills.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Apply on company website