Title: EHS Coordinator
Type: Full Time
Function: Environmental, Health & Safety
Division: PT - Sealing and Gaskets
Location: Athens, AL, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco's Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul's Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company's broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an EHS Coordinator that is responsible for ensuring compliance and conformity with all Federal, State, City, and Corporate standards in safety regulations, environmental affairs, safety/environmental management systems, and overall workplace safety. This position will also develop, implement, and maintain an effective and proactive environmental, health, and safety program resulting in regulatory compliance and the prevention of workplace illnesses and injuries.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Responsible for developing and the periodic review/update to the environmental, health, & safety (EHS) programs to include but not limited to job hazard analysis, confined space entry, electrical safety, machine guarding, lockout/tagout, accident/incident investigation, safety committees, forklift safety, hearing conservation, required EPA permits, and facility audits.
- Serve as the Environmental, Health, & Safety ISO 14001 Management representative to monitor and report compliance to EMS systems to the Management team.
- Develop and implement procedures and work instructions under the TS 16949 and ISO 14001 management programs.
- Participates in developing and coordination of environmental and safety training to all employees.
- Maintain EPA air and water permits and reports for compliance with environmental regulations.
- Monitor and supervise all hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal, storage, and records, in compliance with EPA regulations.
- Participates in the investigation of workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses with department teams.
- Responsible for monitoring and compliance to plant security systems.
- Supervise the day to day activities of a safety technician.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years' experience in safety/ or environmental areas or combination.
- Ability to develop and implement procedures and work instructions under the TS 16949 and ISO 14001 management programs.
- Experience with maintaining EPA air and water permits and reports for compliance with environmental regulations.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website