Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Division: PT - Ignition
Location: Cambridge, OH, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following Tenneco's expected separation to form two new, independent companies, an Aftermarket and Ride Performance company (DRiV™) as well as a new Powertrain Technology company, the new Tenneco will be one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
Tenneco's Powertrain Division is looking for an hourly Electrician to be responsible for providing electrical support for new and existing machines and for troubleshooting and installing new wires and fixtures at our Champions Spark Plugs facility in Cambridge, Ohio.
An ideal candidate for this position would have a high school diploma or equivalent with Journeyman card and having 3-5 years of experience as an electrician in a manufacturing environment. This person will become a valued member of the plant's Production/Distribution team, where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
- Provide electrical support for new and existing machines by means of reading schematics, troubleshooting, and installing new wires and electrical fixtures.
- Implement repairs and/or improvements on existing processes and equipment.
- Assist Electrical Engineer in electrical projects or improvements.
- Work with 120, 220, 420 volt circuits.Required to work with electrical circuits and sensors.
- Assist in performing safety analyses on supported equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman's card
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience working as an electrician in a manufacturing environment, working on heavy machines, industrial wiring, and troubleshooting.
- Capable of providing support as requested by Supervisor.
Pay and Benefits
- Valid Journeyman's Card - $25.21/hour (2nd & 3rd shift bonuses)
- No Journeyman's Card but passing of tests - $24.41/hour and continues to rise for hours worked until reach the top rate.
- Medical Benefits – eligible on the 91st day employed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website