Title: Global Design Methods Manager
Type: Full Time
Function: Research & Development
Top Level Division: Clean Air
Division: CA - Clean Air
Location: Rybnik / PL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a great opportunity to join our company as a Global Desing Methods Manager
This position is responsible for formulating, developing, beta testing, publishing and training the standards, templates and methods used by the Global Design Department. This position also interfaces with the Global Process and Tools Team to help prioritize and guide the help prioritize the internal development of tools that will be used by the Global Design Team. The vision for this position is to migrate the Global Design Team to a best in class Design Department using best in class methodologies such as automated design tools, MBD and globally used part libraries, process and standards.
- Lead and manage the Global Design Methods organization including the Global GD&T and Global GPDM Release departments.
- Define the standards, processes and tools to be used in Clean Air Design departments globally.
- Standardization of 3D/2D design methods.
- Maintenance of Customer Design standards (together with the respective Lead designers).
- Define and Lead the innovation activities in Global Design.
- AOP Responsibility for the Global Design Methods department.
- Evaluate current tools and processes and identify improvements needed with supporting justification as well as prioritization among workload.
- Define new tools and processes for continuous improvement with supporting justification.
- Stay abreast of customer future migration plans and CAD software usage.
- Conduct evaluation of Model Based Definition (MBD) and quantify benefit to Tenneco along with identification of market trends for technologies, techniques and related skills needed to support MBD.
- Coordinate with the Tools and Process team in implementing Continuous Improvement activities.
- Assist in the quantification of the Global Design Department employee skills to best prepare them for the demands of digital production (Design through release to production) and to know where training is needed and appropriate.
- Identify the professional and technical skills required for Tenneco to benefit from what Industry 4.0 offers such as automated learning systems, digital learning media and the latest didactic (teaching) methods. Identify training needed based on employee skill levels to prepare for Industry 4.0.
- Identify the importance of employee knowledge and skills needed to:
- Identifying and providing suitable data
- Analyzing, interpreting and evaluating data
- Integrating components and modules into complex communication systems
- Support the maintenance and possible creation if needed of Global Design Department Key Product Indicators (KPIs) as well NA specific KPIs.
- Development of Root Cause Analysis (Ex: 8D) to systematically resolve problem that may arise in a design team environment.
- Experience leading a team of Designers. Leading a team on different locations and time zones is a plus.
- Excellent team building skills and interactions as well as written & verbal communication skills is essential.
- Strong knowledge of CAD system functionality and upstream and downstream needs - (Analysis, quality, prototype, production, suppliers, customer)
- Strong knowledge of GD&T application and the balance between dimensional control and cost.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM) system function and the need for design control and change management.
- Strong desire to be a change agent!This includes identifying opportunities where processes and tools can be improved, prioritizing those opportunities, championing the development of solutions, getting buy-in from the global design community and then leading the incorporation of best practices of tools, standards and processes.
- Knowledge of Industry standard best practices for product lifecycle management and associated tools.
- Knowledge of the use or development of Design Automation tools to reduce design time and increase part accuracy is a plus.
- Experience using and building part libraries of standard products for standardization.
- Experience with developing, documenting, training and using of design standards.
- Certification in industry standard best practices for change or configuration management (CMII Certification or equivalent) is a plus.
- Being familiar with Industry 4.0 and how MBE (Model Based Enterprise) is an enabler, is highly desirable. Key to this is understanding that over the Internet of Things, cyber-physical systems communicate and cooperate with each other and with humans in real time, and via cloud computing, both internal and cross-organizational services are offered and used by participants of the value chain.
BSME with 10 years of proven design or design related experience. Masters in Design or and Engineering discipline is a plus.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in design utilizing CATIA and/or NX. Knowledge of multiple software packages is a plus.
- Knowledge of exhaust component metal forming, stamping, casting, bending and welding is a plus.
- Willing to hold team calls at times that will accommodate the most people in multiple global regions (early morning or evening)
- Able to travel locally and internationally on occasion.
What we offer :
- Opportunity of professional development
- International exposure and interaction with other teams
- Benefits package
We want to make you feel welcomed, challenged and inspired and so we've made sure to carefully put together a blend of benefits meant to boost your health and well being, to ensure your personal and professional growth and also your integration in a pleasant day to day working environment.
What you can expect next
Our team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
Apply on company website