Title: HR Generalist
Type: Full Time
Function: Human Resources
Division: CA - Clean Air
Location: Marshall, MI / US
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The new Tenneco has formed from the combination of Tenneco Clean Air and Federal-Mogul Powertrain, bringing together more than a century of innovation to serve light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway and large engine OE customers worldwide. By building more efficient, more powerful and more sophisticated powertrain systems, Tenneco's engineered solutions improve fuel economy and power output, and reduce criteria pollutants and greenhouse gas emissions for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist for our Marshall, Michigan plant to contribute to our Clean Air business unit. In this role you will provide overall generalist support to attain plant departmental goals and objectives. You will provide human relations support for all employees in the facility. Our top candidate will have at least five years of experience as a generalist in a manufacturing environment.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Coordinate staffing for all hourly positions, including coordinating staffing with temporary staffing agencies as well as the internal job posting system.
- Organize and lead the orientation process for all new employees – temporary and direct-hire.
- Maintain employee personnel files for all hourly employees.
- Lead employee relations activities.
- Assist with internal investigations, and progressive disciplinary process and terminations.
- Maintain the HRIS system (SAP) for all employees including new hire and change in status information.This includes data entry on a regular basis.
- Assist in the coordination and administration of various training programs for employees and assure training records are in accordance with QS9000 procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a generalist is required.
- Manufacturing environment experience is highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website