Title: HR Supervisor
Type: Full Time
Function: Human Resources
Division: CA - Clean Air
Location: Seward, NE / US
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Human Resources Supervisor for our plants in Seward, Nebraska and Lincoln, Nebraska to contribute to our Clean Air business unit. You will support the Human Resources Manager in providing leadership for the effective administration of our policies and procedures. Our top candidate will have proven HR experience within a manufacturing environment and the drive to develop and grow within the company.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Support the overall strategic direction of the plant's Human Resources functions and guiding members of the organization towards the achievement of the business unit and plant objectives.
- Direct all loss-prevention activities including health and safety, Workers Compensation, employee wellness programs, and return-to-work programs.
- Identify and address employee requirements regarding performance issues, training, and career growth.
- Supervise all employment activities for the plant, including interviewing, screening, hiring, placing, and orientating all salaried and hourly employees, the internal bidding procedure for hourly employees, and the layoff and recall for the hourly workforce.
- Ensure functional compliance with all federal, state, and local statutory requirements including EEO, NLRB, OFCCP, etc., and develop, manage, and maintain an effective Affirmative Action Program (AAP) that is compliant with federal laws and the scrutiny of OFCCP.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field is required.
- At least 4 years of experience as an HR Generalist.
- Knowledge of the OSHA regulations, EEOC reporting requirements, NLRA law, and Worker's Compensation state statute.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website