Title: Machining Operator
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Location: Waupun, WI, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: If you have difficulty applying on line please call 920-324-4741
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility's quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by our management systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product specifications such as: dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various forms, logs, and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer, digital indicators, scales, contracer, Oasis, Tesa. Surface finish tester, pin gages, air od/id gages, optical comparators, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper machine settings, technacheck, feeds and speeds, filter gages, cycle times, accumulator/hydraulic pressure settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Ability to start/shut down, monitor and operate Machining Centers.
- Loads, unloads part in machining centers. Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays. Moves shaving bins to and operates Praab chip wringer.
- Distributes parts into proper machines and follows 1st in 1st out processing.
- Check and fills coolants and oils according to TPM lists. Proper disposal of dirty filters.
- Perform data entry, such as, OAE, calculating downtime, entering scrap reports, maintenance work orders, lot modifications and production order 1st pieces.
- Ability to use SPC software program that utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product. Analyses and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follows all safety rules and regulation while perform operations.
- Complete assigned 5S responsibilities and general cleaning.
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the equipment by observation and general cleaning.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly, and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/management.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on company website