Title: Maintenance Technician
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Division: PT - Pistons
Location: South Bend, IN, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor, the person in this position will install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, and physical structures as well as pipe and electrical systems. This is an advanced position that involves considerable knowledge of the varied machines and equipment (such as electronics, robotics, PLCs, CNC controllers, hydraulics, pneumatics and machine repair). It requires the use of hand tools to repair, as well as test machinery and equipment to inspect and ensure proper functioning of machines.
- Applicants must have High School Diploma or GED, solid work history and be willing to work in a team environment.
- Journeyman Maintenance status preferred, or 4+ years prior experience as Maintenance Technician and at least one year of factory experience.
- Must be able to lift approximately 60 to 80 pounds occasionally, 25 pounds frequently, and under 10 pounds continuously.
- Must be able to maintain body equilibrium (balance) to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching on slippery or dirty surfaces.
- Must be able to continuously stoop by bending from the waist.
- Must be able to occasionally kneel (up to one-third of the time).
- Must be able to occasionally crouch by bending the body downward and forward and bending the legs and spine.
- Will rarely (less than 10% of the time) need to crawl by moving about on hands and knees.
- Will need to continuously reach by extending the hands and arms in any direction.
- Must be able to frequently reach, handle, pick, pinch and use fingers instead of whole hand or arm.
- Must have good near acuity (clarity of vision at 20” or less) as well as good depth perception (three-dimensional vision).
- Has the environmental condition of noise intensity at level 4, loud.On a continuous basis (100% of the time)
- Must be able to stand and walk.
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding, and stairs on a frequent (up to 66% of the time) basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website