Title: Maintenance Technician
Function: Production / Distribution Support
Division: PT - Systems Protection
Location: El Paso, TX, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN NIGHT SHIFT 12 HOURS 7:00PM - 7:30AM
- Follow all Safety Procedures established by OSHA and Tenneco.
- Follow Lockout/Tagout procedures when troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Ensure that all production and shop equipment is safe to operate always.
- Focus of the role is to maintain all manufacturing equipment running such that quality product can be produced safely and efficiently.
- Perform duties with a focus on Customer Service in a professional, courteous and respectful manner.
- Perform predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance on several types of equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment; resolve mechanical and electrical issues on equipment.
- Fabricate components or parts of equipment using shop equipment when required.
- Responsible for accurate reporting/recording of spare parts used.
- Complete Work Orders and update in the Computerized Maintenance Management System with accurate information.
- Be proactive in repairing equipment, guards and parts with a Fix-It Right the First Time Attitude.
- Maintain facility equipment when required (Air Compressors, Humidifiers, HVAC, etc.).
- Perform basic Electrical and Pneumatic installations when required.
- Provide support to operating production team.
- Participate in engineering projects
- Participate in Corrective Action Requests and Continual Improvement Projects.
- Provide training to other personnel as needed.
- This position will follow the Maintenance Training & Evaluation Program.
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND AUTHORITY LEVEL:
- Accountable for Adherence to the Zero Tolerance policy and practice of refusing to tolerate or allow behavior defined by Tenneco as unacceptable in terms of safety (e.g. "unsafe behavior" meaning behavior that could lead to occupational injury or illness to a plant employee, contractor or visitor).
- Accountable for complying with Environmental Health & Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Must be able to understand what hazards are associated with his/her position and how to minimize them. All accidents/injuries no matter how slight must be reported to any member of management, and/or Environmental Health & Safety Manager as soon as possible. Will be required to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Accountable for abiding by the El Paso's EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS
- AUTHORITY to Stop and shutdown unsafe machine operation; unsafe behaviors; and unsafe conditions. This includes but not limited to any activity that does not conform to the EHS policy or may injure Tenneco team members, visitors, contractors.
- Will work towards achieving established objectives, targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Other miscellaneous duties as business needs dictate or assigned by the corporate EHS officials.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Tenneco Code of Conduct Policy.
- High school diploma / G.E.D.
- Enrolled in or have completed a maintenance training program or 2 years equivalent experience working in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Minimum Experience and Competencies required
- Mechanical and electrical ability with at least five years' experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be team oriented and a self-starter.
- Knowledge or experience in the operation of lathe, drill press and milling machines preferred.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the operation of personal computers.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings & electrical schematics.
- Ability to make precise measurements with micrometers, dial gauges, rulers and scales, electrical instruments, etc.
- One year of welding experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures manuals and operating instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move, push/pull up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to operate lift truck adequately and safely
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Knowledge and Hands-on with power tools.
Apply on company website