Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Type: Full Time
Function: Mfg / Ind Engineering
Division: CA - Clean Air
Location: Litchfield, MI / US
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for our Litchfield, Michigan plant to contribute to our Clean Air business unit. You will be guiding on process improvements to our manufacturing activities. Our top candidate will have at least two years of experience carrying out manufacturing engineering activities within a large manufacturing environment.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Facilitate projects aimed at investigating, analyzing, and implementing process improvements to meet planned run at rates and standard costs.
- Use Lean Manufacturing techniques (5S, SMED, Poke-Yoke) for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for PFMEAs, PPAP, process validation, and calculating KANBAN levels.
- Participate in APQP, Corrective Actions, MRB (material review board).
- Lead Kaizen teams for process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in manufacturing engineering within large manufacturing environment.
- Automotive supplier experience highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website