Title: Operations Supervisor
Type: Full Time
Function: Production / Distribution Support
Top Level Division: Powertrain
Division: PT - Sealing and Gaskets
Location: Athens, AL, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco's Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul's Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company's broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor that is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of the Group Leaders to produce a quality part to satisfy our customers. This is also responsible for quality and delivery of performance.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for the accuracy of reporting, root cause investigations and solutions including inventory reduction.
- Resolves grievances.
- Prepares accurate reports for scrap, hours, overtime, safety, piece per labor hour metric, plex inventory and quality.
- Responsible for 8D problem solving, Kaizen activities, continuous improvement and GP12/Safe Launch monitoring.
- Manages overtime and monitors the Critical 40 in the department.
- Enforces and maintains a safe work place.
- Responsible for employee discipline and performance reviews.
- May be given certain authority within job scope by Manager
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Federal-Mogul Integrity Policy.
EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent. Technical degree preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience or training in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website