Title: Production Technician - Night Shift
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Division: PT - Systems Protection
Location: El Paso, TX, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in engineering / maintenance / inventory projects
- Participates in process improvement teams (Kaizen, 5's, Safety)
- Opportunity to develop into a Certified Trainer and be able to train other production technicians in process/product procedures and requirement
- Understand and achieve company goals and objectives
- Responsible for set-up and operation of a variety of production equipment in a safe, efficient manner
- Responsible for performing quality control including but not limited to: conducting first piece and in-process inspection and final inspection of the material and product.
- Responsible for following material supermarket requirements
- Responsible for accurate production documentation of sales orders, inventory reports, quality and machine logs/charts, and safety layered audit form.
- Requests raw material, from authorized personnel
- Raise maintenance work orders for equipment failure once troubleshooting has been completed
- Responsible for working efficiently in assigned operations
- Responsible for the inventory accuracy of raw material on floor and work in process by correct labeling, identification and weight procedures
- Responsible for following all company rules and regulations
- Prepares packaging and labeling
- Responsible for return to stock requirements
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in the work area and production floor
- Will be required to perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor or members of Management
ACCOUNTABILITY AND SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- Authorized to enforce Environmental Health & Safety Rules, Regulations, corporate EHS directives and EHS programs and systems at the El Paso facility.
- Authorized to Stop and shutdown unsafe machine operation; unsafe behaviors; and unsafe conditions.
- The PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN is accountable for reporting, and if necessary stopping, any activity that does not conform to the EHS policy or may injure him/her or other Tenneco team members, visitors, contractors.
- Accountable for Adherence to the Zero Tolerance policy and practice of refusing to tolerate or allow behavior defined by Tenneco as unacceptable in terms of safety (e.g. "unsafe behavior" meaning behavior that could lead to occupational injury or illness to a plant employee, contractor or visitor).
- Accountable for complying with Environmental Health & Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Must be able to understand what hazards are associated with his/her position and how to minimize them.
- All accidents/injuries no matter how slight must be reported to any member of management, and/or Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator as soon as possible. Will be required to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Accountable for abiding by the El Paso's EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS,
- Will work towards achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards. Other miscellaneous duties as business needs dictate or assigned by the Plant Manager or corporate EHS officials.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Tenneco's Integrity Policy.
High School Diploma / GED equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Experience and Competencies required.
- Must be Teamwork oriented
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be willing to operate a variety of production equipment in a safe efficient manner
- Must be able to read and understand operational instructions in English and do simple math
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use precision instruments such as calipers, micrometers, rulers, force gauges, etc.
- Must have ability to interpret graphs and charts
- Must be able to operate personal computer
Apply on company website