Title: Quality Engineer
Type: Full Time
Function: Customer Satisfaction / Quality
Division: PT - Sealing and Gaskets
Location: Van Wert, OH, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer who will Provide quality support to department as it relates to all aspects of manufacturing in the facility.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Determine principle defects by cost, quantity and attribute. Analyze data and determine causal factors to assist other functions in developing corrective action.
- Assist Value Stream manager in preparing and establishing procedures and policies for the improvement of the plant quality system.
- Assist in capability studies on both present and new equipment.
- Assist in-plant audits for compliance of all functions to internal, group and corporate policies and procedures as related to quality. Also, assist in product audits to insure compliance to specification.
- Review new product specifications and changes to existing specifications and advise as to the plant's ability to copy; review gauges and masters of a new product for specification changes prior to production.
- Analyze customer complaints, determine and drive corrective and preventive action as required. (IATF 5.3.1)
- Establish effective training for Value Stream personnel relative to quality requirements.
- Help suppliers to clarify specifications and resolve complaints. Assist in conducting quality system reviews at supplier facilities, when required.
- Position has the responsibility and authority for quality commensurate with the accountability of the job description.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in technical related field required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing Setting.
- Experienced user in Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website