Title: Raw Material Controller
Function: Material Control / Logistics
Division: PT - System Protection
Location: El Paso, TX, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists unloading trailers inbound and outbound.
- Responsible for maintaining Rack System, First In, First Out (FIFO).
- Responsible for moving material from incoming inspection to specified inventory location.
- Responsible for Inventory Rack accuracy
- Responsible for receiving MRO's, RMA and chemicals
- Performs Inventory transactions daily.
- Responsible for the fork-lift safety inspection checklist.
- Responsible for notifying zero inventory on racks to planner.
- Segregates and monitors consignment stock performing weekly inventory counts.
- Understands conversion factors in raw material process.
- Reports shortages or damaged goods, as received from carrier or supplier to supervisor and planner.
- Responsible for inventory in rack and / or storage locations including, but not limited to, physical movement, storage and verification of all raw materials and maintaining accurate "Part Tag" information.
- Accurately maintains records of all material transactions between receiving-storage-production floor.
- Maintains material locations in a neat and organized manner, ensuring that material is stacked properly; is placed in its proper location and is not blocking aisles, safety equipment or access doors. Consolidates material on racks as required.
- Follows all EHS procedures and policies, including operating the fork-lift truck in a safe manner.
- May be asked to work at materials repack process
- May be requested to assist other materials functions when demand warrants it.
- Maintains good housekeeping skills in rack area, packaging and consignment area.
- Participates in production/planning meeting as requested.
- Adhere to the Zero Tolerance policy and practice of refusing to tolerate or allow behavior defined by Tenneco as unacceptable in terms of safety (e.g. "unsafe behavior" meaning behavior that could lead to occupational injury or illness to a plant employee, contractor or visitor).
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND AUTHORITY LEVEL:
- Accountable for Adherence to the Zero Tolerance policy and practice of refusing to tolerate or allow behavior defined by Tenneco as unacceptable in terms of safety (e.g. "unsafe behavior" meaning behavior that could lead to occupational injury or illness to a plant employee, contractor or visitor).
- Accountable for complying with Environmental Health & Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Must be able to understand what hazards are associated with his/her position and how to minimize them. All accidents/injuries no matter how slight must be reported to any member of management, and/or Environmental Health & Safety Manager as soon as possible. Will be required to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Accountable for abiding by the El Paso's EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS
- AUTHORITY to Stop and shutdown unsafe machine operation; unsafe behaviors; and unsafe conditions.This includes but not limited to any activity that does not conform to the EHS policy or may injure Tenneco employees, visitors, contractors.
- Will work towards achieving established objectives, targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Other miscellaneous duties as business needs dictate or assigned by the corporate EHS officials.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a violation of the Tenneco Code of Conduct Policy.
Work Hours : Night Shift 12 hours 7pm-7:30am
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Minimum Experience and Competencies required.
- This position requires a high emphasis on accuracy and good math skills
- Minimum two years warehouse experience with inventory cycle count process knowledge
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be team oriented and a self-starter
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division including conversions from pounds to feet
- Possess strong organization skills
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Must be licensed in the operation of a Fork-lift Truck adequately and safely
- Must be able to work flexible work hours including overtime as the business dictates.
Apply on company website