Title: VG Press Setup and Operate
Function: Manufacturing Production / Distribution
Division: PT - Valve Seats & Guides
Location: Waupun, WI, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
VG Press Setup and Operate Hourly Craftworkers (Skilled)
If you have difficulty applying on line call 920-324-4741
- Setup, operates and adjust compacting presses, automation and furnace.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspection at the compacting, and sintering operations.
- Records information for inspection and production using various form, logs, and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer, digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators, digital controllers, flow gages, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper press settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product.
- Analyses and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Ability to setup, start shut down, monitor and operate all types of compacting / restrike presses. Install and remove tooling from compacting presses, fine tuning presses for optimum production of parts to meet customer specification and to assure capability of press.
- Completes first piece inspection and monitors press to assure conformance prior to release to press operators.
- Makes adjustments to the cams, fill, ram, underfill, stops and core rod.
- Loads, unloads and operate furnaces, setup and monitors automation in front and back of furnaces. Assures furnace settings are correct.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Make adjustments to automation and robots as required.
- Maintains the appropriate furnace temperatures, atmosphere, belt speed and dew point in relationship for the sintering process of parts.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follows all safety rules and regulation while perform operations.
- Over time is required as posted weekly, and may be mandated for this position. Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Apply on company website