Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Chief of Party on an anticipated USAID-funded global activity. The successful candidate for this position would preferably be based in Washington, D.C.
The anticipated five-year USAID-funded Fragile Waters Activity will support USAID's water security, sanitation and hygiene (WSSH) programming in fragile contexts around the globe. The anticipated objectives of Fragile Waters are to: conduct rapid analyses to inform WSSH programming; support capacity strengthening and coordination among local organizations and government counterparts; provide direct technical assistance to support priority WSSH initiatives; and support sectoral learning and thought leadership to inform WSSH programming. Specific geographies/countries where work will be conducted are not defined and will be determined at a later date.
* Provide leadership, management, and general technical direction for the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different technical components and actors.
* Identify potential risks to successful Activity implementation and recommend and implement appropriate adjustments.
* Oversee contract management and technical implementation.
* Serve as the primary liaison with USAID and government counterparts, responding to technical and administrative matters and adjusting programs and operations in response to USAID's technical direction.
* Manage the Activity's technical team and ensure the development of high-quality deliverables and the provision of strong technical support to project partners.
* Master's Degree (or higher) in a relevant field.
* At least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management roles, including the direct supervision of professional and support staff, oversight of large program budgets, and direct engagement of high-level government and program counterparts.
* At least five (5) years of experience (preferred) working on USAID or other donor-funded projects in fragile contexts, including those characterized by social and political instability, elevated levels of violence, and/or open conflict.
* At least ten (10) years of experience implementing WSSH-focused programs across Activity objectives, including WSSH programming, capacity building and coordination, providing direct technical assistance to improve water/sanitation access, and developing and supporting sectoral learning.
* Strong professional experience working in fragile contexts to implement humanitarian/relief, development, and peacebuilding-oriented programs.
* Professional fluency in English required.
* Women are highly encouraged to apply.
*Ability to legally work in the US without employer sponsorship.
Apply on company website