Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program in Colombia. The 5-year USAID-funded nature-based solutions initiative titled Productive Ecosystems Activity (PEA) seeks to improve human well-being and biodiversity conservation by engaging key stakeholders, particularly the private sector, in the implementation of nature-based solutions that preserve ecosystems and ecosystem services.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the Activity's overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners, and will provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation and reporting to USAID. This would be a full-time position and be based in Colombia for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide leadership and technical expertise for the Activity, and supervise expatriate and local teams;
* Develop strategic objectives and confirm project compliance with USAID regulations;
* Manage the Activity's implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management
* Oversee technical activities of the Activity and ensure that impact is achieving the results defined in the contract;
* Evaluate and document Activity progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Minimum of a master's degree in biodiversity conservation, sustainability, business administration, natural resources management, forestry, ecology, biology, or some other relevant discipline is required.
* Not less than 10 years project experience, preferably in Colombia, working in one or more technical disciplines: biodiversity conservation, sustainability, natural resources management, forestry, ecology, payments for ecosystem services or other environmental markets, business administration, land-use planning, and/or other relevant technical areas.
* Minimum of 5 years in director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the Latin America Region, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project or equivalent.
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and promoting gender equity and social inclusion.
* Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish.
* Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Colombia, and in particular the PDET regions of Colombia.
* Colombian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website