We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor.
This position will be a key member of the Finance & Administration team and be responsible for the execution of the accounting functions. The selected candidate will lead the review and close procedures for monthly, quarterly and annual closes, oversee the accounts payable processes and be heavily involved in annual audits and tax preparation support. The right candidate is personable, diligent, and effective at finding solutions, is an outstanding communicator and has the desire to learn and advance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the review and approval of adjusting and general journal entries before posting to the general and subsidiary ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the analysis of balance sheet accounts and related account reconciliations; work with accounting staff and department stakeholders to manage open accruals.
- Assist in the preparation of annual plans/budgets.
- Will provide audit support and lead efforts to complete state/local tax filings.
- Work with Controller to create, monitor and implement policies and procedures for accounting and finance functions.
- Evaluate, identify, and improve areas of potential exposure and internal control weakness.
- Knowledge of Federal Government accounting and indirect rate development and application.
- Direct and manage preparation of monthly and quarterly Corporate and internal financial review packages for senior management and associated supplemental reporting.
- Independently prepare detailed financial analyses, sensitivity analyses and recommendations.
- Manage and prepare the monthly rate package and statement of over/under status.
- Maintain Hyperion account mapping and responsibility for validation of Corporate Hyperion reports.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field. MBA/CPA preferred.
- 7 years minimum experience in the professional services industry. Prior experience with a government cost reimbursement environment.
- Oracle software experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining general ledgers and preparing financial statements
- Existing understanding and knowledge of FAR Requirements preferred
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website