Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech's Norfolk office is looking for an Environmental or Chemical Engineer to provide mid to senior-level technical support on environmental characterization and remediation projects for federal, municipal, commercial and industrial clients. This individual will manage the scoping, planning and execution of complex environmental investigation programs under CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA and other regulatory programs for Federal, State, and private clients.
The successful candidate will be capable of dynamic task management, managing multiple project tasks and clients simultaneously. The candidate will be responsible for a variety of program and project related tasks to implement complex field investigation and remediation projects under various environmental regulatory programs for both government and private clients. These projects will include multimedia sampling, interpretation of data and designing integrated active and institutional remediation programs. Excellent personal organizational skills are critical to the success of this position as it requires constant attention to numerous facets of multiple projects. Additional essential duties include:
- Interpret project needs based on regulatory structure and requirements, developing project parameters for environmental investigation and remediation project execution, setting milestone schedules, and tracking progress.
- Manage a multi-faceted team in the development of design documents, calculations and workflow for investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites.
- Manage the development, planning, and implementation of sampling programs for multi-media environmental sampling and remediation operations, addressing impacts to soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, ambient air, indoor air, and soil vapors.
- Develop technical specifications and cost estimates to support procurement of support subcontractors including environmental cleanup contractors, drilling contractors, analytical laboratories, etc., and assist evaluation of bids and pricing;
- Oversee and evaluate subcontractors working on site during field operations to ensure work is carried out in accordance with contract specifications;
- Track subcontractor pay items to support invoice verification;
- Tabulate and assimilate field data collected into coherent products for transmittal to data management staff for upload into centralized databases;
- Prepare environmental reports for regulatory submittal and review, including text preparation, data interpretation, tabulation and mapping of field, location, and analytical results, evaluating and establishing patterns and trends exhibited by such data and determining compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Registered professional engineer.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, Chemical or Environmental preferred
- A minimum of seven years of professional experience in the scientific, engineering, environmental consulting, contracting or related industry. A master's degree from an accredited university can substitute one year of professional experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience working with investigation or remediation of hazardous materials release sites under CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, or other environmental cleanup programs.
- Experience with multimedia sampling, including groundwater, soil, and sediment, air, and/or soil gas.
- A fundamental understanding of location data, GIS and land survey techniques.
- A fundamental understanding of development and design or groundwater and/or surface water remediation systems.
- Ability to develop teams and manage multiple staff members through project task orders from inception to completion.
Education & Experience: Minimum BS degree in engineering from an accredited university is required. A degree in Chemical or Environmental engineering is preferred. An MS degree or higher is a plus. A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Candidate may supervise other engineers assigned to projects. Candidate may supervise and direct drafting and design personnel. The direct management of engineering projects is required.
Other Skills: Excellent computer skills are essential. Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must, with working knowledge of other software; Microsoft Project, Primavera 6, AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D is a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 NUS
Apply on company website