Tetra Tech's Norfolk office is looking for an Environmental or Chemical Engineer to provide mid to senior-level technical support and management on environmental characterization and remediation projects for federal, municipal, commercial and industrial clients. This individual will manage the scoping, planning and execution of large, complex environmental investigation programs under CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA and other regulatory programs for Federal, State, and private clients.
We are looking to you to provide dynamic task management, managing multiple project tasks and clients simultaneously. Your responsibilities include a variety of program and project related tasks to implement complex field investigation and remediation projects under various environmental regulatory programs. These projects will include multimedia sampling, interpretation of data and designing integrated active and institutional remediation programs. You must be experienced in managing projects and developing staff and preparing appropriate reports.
In addition we are looking to you to:
• Manage a multi-faceted team in the development of design documents, calculations and workflow for investigation and remediation of hazardous waste sites. This could include oversight of staff developing Work Plans, HASPs, SAPs, QAPPs, reports, and more.
• Manage the development, planning, and implementation of sampling programs for multi-media environmental sampling and remediation operations, addressing impacts to soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, ambient air, indoor air, and soil vapor.
• Develop technical specifications, scopes and cost estimates to support procurement of subcontractors including environmental cleanup contractors, drilling contractors, analytical laboratories, etc., and assist evaluation of bids and pricing;
• Oversee and evaluate subcontractors working on site during field operations to ensure work is carried out safely in accordance with contract specifications;
• Tabulate and assimilate field data collected into coherent products for transmittal to data management staff for upload into centralized databases;
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
• Registered professional engineer.
• A bachelor's degree in engineering, Chemical or Environmental preferred. A master's degree is desirable.
• A minimum of 15 years of professional experience in the scientific, engineering, environmental consulting, contracting or related industry. A master's degree from an accredited university can substitute one year of professional experience.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience working with investigation or remediation of hazardous materials release sites under CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, or other environmental cleanup programs.
• Ability to work with MicroSoft Office suite of programs, read GIS and CADD drawings.
- Excellent personal organizational skills are critical to the success of this position as it requires constant attention to numerous facets of multiple projects.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website