This job is cross-promoted from our Tetra Tech International Development Careers Site. Please formally apply for this position through the International Development Careers Site here: https://bit.ly/FEWSNETCOP Applications will only be considered if they are submitted there. Thank you.
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Chief of Party on an anticipated global project based in Washington, D.C. The goal of SPADE is to provide the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) with a flexible mechanism to provide timely technical services and support. Through the project, USAID will issue requests for studies, research, and analytical support to help BHA strengthen humanitarian response planning.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be the principle point of contact for procedural and substantive matters and will ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Washington on technical issues and will be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance. The COP will provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors.
* Provide leadership and technical expertise for the activity, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to manage multicultural and multi-disciplinary teams;
* Develop strategic objectives and ensure project compliance with USAID regulations;
* Manage the activity's implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and efficient budgeting and financial management;
* Oversee technical activities of the activity and ensure that impact is achieving required results;
* Evaluate and document activity progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* At least five (5) years of relevant experience and an advanced degree (Masters level) or at least ten (10) years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree;
* Experience successfully implementing complex USG-funded contracts, cooperative agreements, and/or grants is highly desired; experience working with USAID/BHA strongly preferred;
* Demonstrated experience leading and/or supporting the simultaneous implementation of complex activities in multiple countries and strong interpersonal skills to manage multicultural and multi-disciplinary teams;
* Demonstrated technical background or functional experience in a relevant technical field.
* Fluent in English; proficient in French, Portuguese and/or Spanish is preferred;
* Ability to travel internationally.
* Ability to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/FEWSNETCOP
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
- Organization: 188 ARD
Apply on company website