Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to be considered for Chief of Team on the INL funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) in Kabul, Afghanistan.
JSSP's primary objective is to support the development of an Afghan professional cadre that is capable of sustaining, equipping, managing, and enabling its own criminal justice organizations. JSSP provides training and capacity building for Afghan officials in the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General's Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCt), Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector organizations. The project has three main components:
Case Management System (CMS): CMS is an online application designed to track criminal and civil cases. The CMS is intended to harmonize and interlink justice institutions to effectively perform their functions.
Organizational Capacity Building (OCB): This component focuses on capacity building for justice institution personnel and ensuring that justice institutions are able to fulfill their mandates and operate independently.
Legislative Capacity Building (LCB): JSSP's efforts in LCB contribute to ensuring that laws and related documents are coherent, comply with the Constitution, treaties and conventions, and incorporate internationally recognized standards for the protection of women and vulnerable groups.
The Chief of Team (COT) will be the primary point of coordination for contract implementation in country. The COT will interface directly with INL/Kabul and the COR to ensure effective contract management and coordinate with the Deputy Chiefs of Team (DCOTs) to establish and implement technical and operational activities on the contract.
* In collaboration with the Program Implementer, provide direction on all program matters with a full understanding of JSSP activities;
* Responsible for the successful implementation of project activities and achievement of contract obligations;
* Responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the team and ensure that project activities and work products are of excellent quality, completed on-time and in compliance with client regulations;
* Frequently communicate and interact with the U.S. Embassy, INL/Kabul and INL/AP, the international community, and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) counterparts;
* Directly manage and evaluate the performance of the DCOTs and their oversight of the AN/TCN Advisors and program components;
* Overall responsibility for implementation of the Work Plan and monitoring progress per the PRO Plan, Monitoring and Evaluation Matrix, DevResults indicators, and other performance monitoring tools;
* Collaborate with INL to identify staffing issues, develop plans to correct problems, and to initiate changes in consultation with the Embassy and/or INL;
* Assist in identifying and screening short-term and long-term candidates for CMS.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* JD or relevant master's degree from an accredited institution required;
* At least 8 years of professional experience in senior management roles that included strategic planning, program management, resource management and budgeting;
* At least 7 years of experience in rule of law development;
* At least 4 years of experience in personnel management;
* At least 2 years of experience in managing complex, international programs of comparable scope to JSSP;
* Comprehensive understanding of the formal Afghan Justice system, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction of the Afghan justice ministries
* Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing;
* Must be an energetic and enthusiastic and positive team player, strongly motivating and collaborative;
* Experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners;
* Superior interpersonal skills which include the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner;
* Must be willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours as needed;
* Must be able to adapt to changes in a fast paced, stressful, and intense work environment and maintain a positive attitude;
* Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan;
* Speaking and reading proficiency in Dari or Pashtu helpful;
* Must be an American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN);
* Ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) Clearance required.
Apply on company website