Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Civil Engineer/Project Manager to join our Engineering team in Norfolk, VA. This position will be part of a dynamic team of engineers and scientists engaged in a wide range of projects providing planning, design and engineering services in a wide range of water resources, environmental compliance, and utility disciplines.
The ideal candidate is passionate about and enjoys working on a wide variety of water resources and environmental projects from planning through to design and construction, including stormwater management, hydrology/hydraulics, water quality, and sustainable design and construction services for water resources infrastructure. The ability to connect with clients, manage projects and teams, and see tasks through to completion is critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Civil Engineer will play a key role in planning and design of projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region. The individual will participate in land development, stormwater, and utility infrastructure project design developments, ensuring key deadlines are met, and that project team members and design disciplines work together collaboratively and effectively. Major duties/responsibilities of the position include:
- Support municipal and federal projects, water quality modeling, stormwater master planning, and Virginia Department of Environmental Quality permitting.
- Assist with the preparation of feasibility studies, design plans, specifications, cost estimates, technical documents and contracts.
- Assist with calculation packages required for utility systems, including demands, pump rates, total dynamic head and cycle times.
- Participate in the professional community and build the Tetra Tech brand.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Duties for the Civil Engineer/Project Manager position require the skills necessary to support the Civil/Environmental design requirements related to the DoD, municipal, industrial and commercial sector. Position will require performing site specific evaluations, assessments, engineering studies, design proposals, and project execution services for a wide range of projects varying in size and scope.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Included in this section are education, experience, skills (including computer skills), licenses,
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 7-12 years of progressive experience in modeling and design of stormwater and/or utility projects for municipalities and other entities in Virginia.
- Registered PE (Civil) in the state of Virginia.
- Recent experience with the design of sustainable green infrastructure, including subsurface storage and infiltration, bioretention basins, bioswales, green streets, and constructed wetlands.
- Lead a multi-disciplined project team in the preparation of construction drawings, details, specifications, calculations, and engineers estimate of probable construction costs.
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to deliver quality products and meet tight deadlines.
- A valid driver's license
- Relationships with local regulators a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This candidate will sit in the Norfolk, Virginia office. Norfolk is a vital, growing office, destined to be a hub of engineering and environmental services for Tetra Tech. This position is ideal for a motivated individual to grow as the office grows. Some travel and field work may be required.
Effective oral and written communication essential to this position. Must be fluent in the English language; both in speaking and writing. Report and proposal writing for a range of projects is required.
Public speaking is encouraged, and facilitation skills are a plus.
Candidate must have the ability to work well in a professional and team-oriented environment, as well as independently. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, excellent leadership skills, and be client focused. Must possess basic computer skills; the computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel. Must be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D software, as well as Hydrologic, Hydraulic and Water Quality Modeling programs.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website