We're growing! Tetra Tech's Norfolk, Virginia office is seeking a Civil Environmental Project Manager with 10 years of experience in design of environmental and water/wastewater-related projects including pumping, piping, and treatment facilities to lead our Civil Engineering Division. We are looking at you to be a trusted advisor to our regional management, program and project managers, and clients.
Your experience should encompass all phases of design, including conceptual/feasibility evaluations, preparation of design reports, development of construction drawings and specifications, bidding assistance, and support of office and field-related construction services. You will have experience in design of environmental water and/or wastewater facilities and possess strong knowledge and background of treatment equipment and pumping systems.
This exciting position requires you to:
• Lead and direct the Tetra Tech (Norfolk Division) Civil Engineering Team in the procurement and completion of large-scale municipal, federal and commercial water/wastewater or environmental infrastructure projects.
• Develop and implement procedures for planning, design, and construction management of multiple projects to meet project objectives to meet client objectives.
• Assist clients with strategic planning for prioritization of projects
• Provide mentorship of program team staff to support the growth of individuals in support of successful delivery of projects
Requirements & Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Civil/Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering is required. Master's or advanced degree is preferred.
• Professional registration in Virginia (i.e., Professional Engineer (PE)) is required. Additional southeastern state PE certifications (i.e., Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina) are a plus.
• Experience conducting or managing Design/Build projects is a plus.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Design Build Institute of America (DBIA) Certification is a plus.
• 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current 8-hour refresher training is preferred. Other OSHA training (10 hour or 30 hour Construction) is desirable.
• Experience with municipal, commercial and governmental projects is beneficial.
• Successful past performance directing and supervising subcontractors.
• Proven track record of successfully bringing in and executing profitable assignments for clients and building key target client accounts.
• Experience working on and possibly leading preparation of proposals and technical deliverables.
Work will be primarily in the office but working in the field may also be necessary. Field work will primarily be in Virginia but could be any-where based on client needs, so the ability to travel and work remotely and on weekends or extended hours (as needed) may be expected occasionally.
Candidates should be fluent in the English language the ability to speak/understand Spanish is a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 NUS
Apply on company website