Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
Tetra Tech is seeking a Construction/Environmental Inspector to work onsite at a client location in Delaware County, PA. Responsibilities will include:
- Environmental oversight of construction activities including, but not limited to, particulates monitoring in the air and landfill gas monitoring.
- Daily coordination of field activities with other stakeholders and members of general public.
- Environmental sampling of various media (soil, waste, groundwater).
- Geotechnical inspections and testing during construction, including soil density testing using a nuclear density gauge, earthwork, assess unsuitable soil conditions, foundations, subgrade review, concrete testing, rebar inspections, pre-slab inspections, masonry inspections, structural steel bolted and welded connection inspections, cold-formed steel inspections, and road construction inspection and testing.
- Observe contractor's conformance to the plans and specifications, contract provisions and legal requirements and report deviations to owner and contractor. Prepare weekly field reports of inspections and construction quantities completed. Verifies contractor's use of approved materials and construction techniques. Checks drawings to assure specifications are met and proper materials are reflected. Resolves most questions and problems and refers the most complex issues to higher levels. Able to resolve contractual and technical conflicts in a professional manner.
- Preparation of field reports.
- Geotechnical laboratory testing (concrete and soil) per ASTMs.
- Responsible for driving to and from work sites from office or home.
- Other duties assigned by Project Manager
2 to 5 years of relevant experience in geotechnical inspections and testing during construction, including soil density testing using a nuclear density gauge, earthwork, undercutting of unsuitable soils, foundations, subgrade review, concrete testing, rebar inspections, pre-slab inspections, masonry inspections, structural steel bolted and welded connection inspections, cold-formed steel inspections, and road construction inspection and testing. 2+ years of experience and /or training in general construction field. Experience in providing inspections of sanitary sewer assets. Construction experience in environmental projects and familiarity with environmental sampling and monitoring equipment (Dusttrak, MultiRAE, landfill gas meter, etc.) is a plus. Capable of acquiring job skills and learning company procedures to complete routine tasks. Exhibit Quality Control / Quality Assurance capability.
- Geotechnical laboratory testing (soil and concrete), ACI certification for concrete testing, or able to obtain soon after employment.
- Proficient in preparing field reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Nuclear Gauge Safety Training Certification, or able to obtain soon after employment.
- ACI Concrete Testing Certification.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle records check. Current 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills. High School Diploma/GED or Associate Degree
Works continuously with team members, clients and other professional disciplines. The employee must interact successfully with all levels of staff, clients, and vendors, and work in a collaborative process, ability to plan, organize and implement with successful and timely results.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 103 EMI
Apply on company website