Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party - Technical (DCOP - Technical) position on a USAID funded program in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the anticipated activity Women's Empowerment and Civil Society is to build upon USAID's previous women's empowerment projects and draw key lessons learned from other civil society activities implemented in the country and well as recent national assessments. It will be a nationwide project which will work with Civil Society Organizations(CSOs) and women rights activists from across the 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the DCOP - Technical will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project technical deliverables to support the execution of the project.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Afghanistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in gender studies, conflict resolution, strengthening civil society, or economic development preferred or other relevant discipline. Significant additional work experience in lieu of a master's degree will be considered;
* At least 8 years of professional experience with projects related to relevant activity themes. Direct experience working and managing programs in Afghanistan related to gender and civil society strongly preferred;
* At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience;
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with women rights organizations, government officials, market actors, and community stakeholders;
* Knowledge of relevant regulations and procedures as well as work experience in post-conflict countries;
* Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Dari and Pashtu required;
* Afghan nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website