Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong Project Manager to move up to the next level in their career path in environmental consulting. We have numerous opportunities on existing Federal Government contracts and are excited to add new talent to our team!
This Deputy Program Manager (DPM) role is a career development position with personal and professional growth opportunity. The DPM will report directly to a Program Manager or the office Operation Manager and work in collaboration with members of our Contracts, Procurement, Finance, and Technical departments. You will be coordinating and overseeing environmental consulting projects and programs (e.g., CERCLA, RCRA, MRP, etc.) performed in numerous locations within the continental United States. You will need to bring your project, technical, and client management skills to this program management level position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Interface with Tetra Tech project managers and technical staff from various offices to ensure that work is being performed correctly and consistently, and that they have the resources necessary to successfully accomplish the work.
• Build and maintain client relationships.
• Participate in client and/or project meetings (e.g., partnering, public, PMO and other meetings).
• Prepare slide decks and make verbal presentations during internal and external meetings.
• Respond to client and internal data calls regarding the program (e.g., technical and financial).
• Develop innovative solutions to complex technical issues.
• Ensure that Tetra Tech complies with contract-specific requirements.
• Ensure that invoices and supporting information are timely and accurate.
• Lead or participate in Task Order proposal preparation.
Supervisory Responsibilities will include:
• The DPM is required to oversee project teams comprised of project managers and technical staff from various Tt offices that will not be direct reports.
• In addition, mentoring and coaching may junior staff will be required.
• 12+ years of experience, preferably working in the environmental field (CERCLA, RCRA, MRP).
• Prior experience as a Project Manager for environmental Task Orders under federal government contracts is required; DoD or EPA contracts is highly desired.
• Demonstrated increasing level of project management responsibility related to environmental services is required; program management related experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of emerging contaminants (i.e., PFAS) is a plus.
• Strong technical background with project management of environmental projects; understanding the technical and regulatory component throughout the full life cycle of a project is a must.
• Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, with a high-level of self- awareness and emotional intelligence.
• Proven record of building and leading teams that solve complex problems.
• Willingness to listen, learn, and apply new skills.
• Initiative to build own career and success.
• Maintain a proven track record of successfully managing environmental projects and collaborating across disparate teams to solve complex problems.
• Have experience managing in support of CERCLA, RCRA, and/or the MRP that include tasks such as preparing Preliminary Assessments, Site Inspections, RI/FSs, RFI/CMSs, Corrective Measures, Remedial Designs, etc.
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in engineering, geology, or another scientific field is required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Technical professional license/registration, i.e. Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) is required. PE is preferred. PMP Certification in addition to PE/PG is a plus.
Other Skills and Requirements:
• Must be fluent in the English language, writing and speaking.
• Must possess excellent writing capabilities and have experience generating reports suitable for submittal to clients.
• Must be able to conduct verbal presentations including project summaries, technical status, presentation to the client and/or public, etc.
• Must be able to perform daily operations using Microsoft Windows applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Project is desirable, but not required.
• Familiarity with Nuance or Adobe Acrobat is also desirable, but not required.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 NUS
Apply on company website