Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Searching for a Mid to Senior-Level Electrical Engineer. Successful candidates will have the necessary skills to support the electrical design requirements related to the DoD, municipal, industrial and commercial sector. Position will require performing site specific evaluations, assessments, engineering studies, design proposals, project execution, and commissioning services for a wide range of projects varying in size and scope.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Work with Senior Engineers and Designers to develop the electrical design specifications for Industrial facilities. Specific tasks to include:
o Preparation of P&IDs, single line diagrams, electrical load lists, motor elementary diagrams, short circuit analysis, etc.
o Electrical design primarily for medium and low voltage industrial applications.
o Preparation of Cost Estimates, Specifications, Project Status Reports and Project Timelines.
• Provide process instrumentation design and specifications
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and prioritize several projects while completing assignments in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Ability and willingness to travel to client facilities for multiple days, including weekends. Every effort will be made to minimize travel, but it must be noted that due to customer requirements, scheduling, etc., travel will be required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate or Bachelors' degree from a college or technical school in Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
• Required experience is a minimum of 7 years in the electrical engineering field.
• Must be well organized and possess the necessary skills to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms.
• Must be able work both independently without continual oversight and direction, as well as in a team environment.
Communication Skills: Must be fluent in the English language. Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as databases, field notes, reports, specifications, maps, and engineering drawings. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Hazardous Area Classification Studies
• MS Project
• Electrical Power Systems Analysis (ETAP software)
• Networking Solutions and Architectures (LAN/WAN)
• AutoCAD experience a plus
• DCS experience (Fisher, Delta V, etc.) a plus
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 NUS
Apply on company website